Autumn is right around the corner! With that comes plenty of fun fall activities that you can plan to do with your loyal companion for a doggie date. Here are some of this autumn’s best activities to consider. Let’s dive in!
Get Prepared For Fall Activities
Get your furry best friend ready for autumn with these tips in mind.
- Keep your dog warm. Make sure to keep your dog warm as the season changes. Provide a warm shelter for your dog, away from cold drafts, as temperatures can drop quickly during fall.
- Encourage physical activity. While regular exercise is important for your pooch, be mindful of colder temperatures. Adjust the intensity or duration of exercises if necessary.
- Check for ticks and fleas. Use preventative measures, like repellants, for ticks and fleas. Fall can still have ticks and fleas, so be sure to check your dog thoroughly when you return home.
- Be Mindful of Seasonal Allergies. Consult with your vet if you notice your dog displaying signs of discomfort or excessive itching. Dogs can also have seasonal allergies, just like humans.
- Maintain Overall Safety. Be cautious of wildlife and certain toxins, like mushrooms and toxic plants, that are more prevalent in the fall. If you take your dog to the woods, consider the possibility of encountering fall toxins.
5 Fun Fall Activities
Here is a list of five fun activities and adventures you can enjoy with your dog.
Have Fun in a Pile of Leaves
Let your dog wear off extra energy in a giant pile of leaves – it’s a doggie version of a ball pit! To make it more entertaining, throw his favorite toys in the pile.
Hiking in a Dog-Friendly Trail
Take your dog on a hike and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. Hikes are a wonderful activity to bond with your dog. Be sure to pack some healthy treats for your furry best friend before hitting the trail!
Plan a Pumpkin Picking Excursion
Some pumpkin patches welcome dogs, but make sure to check their pet policies before planning your outing. Many pumpkin patches feature fun family activities that will be enjoyable for everyone. Including your dog in the family tradition will make for a memorable experience.
Bake Homemade Healthy Fall Treats
Treat your furball to healthy homemade treats with these fall recipes. Opting for healthier ingredients in treats is beneficial for your dog’s overall health. Get festive with pumpkin-themed doggie treats.
Host a Howl-o-ween Dog Costume Contest
Share the Joy of the Autumn Season with Your Pooch
Fall is the ultimate season for joyous celebrations like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Remember to enjoy the new sights and smells of the season this year. For more fall-themed ideas, you can try researching “dog friendly events near me.”
All in all, there are plenty of activities to consider doing this autumn. Ensure that the cold weather doesn’t discourage you from going out with your loyal companion. You can get creative with activity ideas so that you can create a memorable fall spent with your dog.